Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Tie One On Tuesday

Oh yeah baby....Mama needs a cocktail! It's hot, the pool is blown up and my pink float is just waiting for my butt to lay on it and catch some rays. The only thing missing a little drinky drink in my hand. 



Lately I have been on a margarita fix. I think it's the extra hot temps that bring out the need for salt, lime and tequila. I could be sophisticated and say "on the rocks," but please, I am in a blow up pool that is 3 feet deep, listening to 80's pop music and singing "Walking on Sunshine". Does any of that say sophisticated to you? 

Basic Margarita 
1 1/2 ounces tequila 
1 ounce fresh lime juice 
1/2 Triple Sec
Ice
Salt

Mix everything together in a blender and blend until ice is fine. Add salt to the rim of your glass, pour and enjoy.

Some recipes out there call for simple syrup into the mix, and not as much Triple Sec. It makes it a bit sweeter, which is fine if you want something with less of a bite.

If you are a bit on the fancy side, a Cadillac Margarita is just what you need.


Cadillac Margarita 
1 1/2 ounce top shelf tequila 
1 ounce Grand Mariner 
3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
Ice 
Salt

You will prepare the glass the same way as the basic margarita, but will not mix this in the blender. Blend in a shaker with ice and pour into your salted glass. 

I was going to add a few fruit recipes here but really, you can add any fruit or veggies to the basic margarita recipe and thus add more flavor. I have had margaritas with watermelon, pineapple, strawberries and have even seen recipes that include lavender and hot chili peppers. Experiment with flavors to make up your own concoction.

Well cats and kittens, mama's heading off to dip her toes into the deep end and the pups are on blender patrol. Ahhh...summertime! 



1 comment:

Becky said...

I'll be right over!