Monday, August 5, 2013

No More Reality, PLEASE!




Yeah...I'm a little done with reality right now. I'm going to Pamtown and not coming out. Wanna come with me? I feel like I haven't devoted enough time to my blog lately and I am so sorry for that. Between my father being under the weather and having surgery and Lola Mae having problems from getting older, I just haven't been able to devote the time I wanted to. Don't you just hate when reality tries to control your life? 

Since taking care of a sick dad and sick little Lola, I have been stitching like crazy and reading a ton. What have I been reading...nothing special except, TRASHY ROMANCE NOVELS! Hey, it's the summer, which means trashy romance novels, don't judge. 

I am really having fun reading them and I prefer to go for the PG-13 romance. The X-rated ones just make me giggle too much. I have found that there is a certain formula to these novels, they break down like this:

City girl has crappy disrespectful boyfriend and for some reason they just broke up. She then decides to head to a small town because 1-someone wronged her family and she is getting property to make it right or 2-she wants to start a bakery or a wedding planning business in a small town because that's all she can afford. 

After she is settled she meets a very attractive man who is widowed and his wife at the time was having an affair, caring the child of her lover or the child is sick and the mother has left because she can't handle it. The man has a heart of gold around the rough edges. 

Boy and girl meet, they get into fights. She is independent but he loves that. She loves that he is a caring dad/cares about animals. 

They finally give into their lust and live happily ever after. All problems solved and she ends up pregnant with his child. The end. 

I am not making fun of this formula, it works and I love it! I love it so much that I will sit and read a book in one day. I think they are very sweet books.  

Some of my favorite authors right now are Lori Wilde and Debbie Macomber. Yes, these authors make quick easy cheesy books but they also restore our faith in romance and love. You want to see the couple fall in love at the end, you want the bad guy get what's coming to him and you want it tied up with a nice bow. I am a firm believer that we all need a little summer romance. 


No comments: