Thursday, August 23, 2012

Finally!

I can not believe that I finished this HUGE cross stitch piece! You guys! I am not kidding when I say she is GIANT! The cross stitch is over 2 feet (24 inches) in length.

Finished cross stitch over 2 feet long

Now that I am finished with her, I don't want to see it for a very long time. Do you do that with big projects? Once it's done, it can go away?
upper part of cross stitch

I don't think people really grasp how long this took me and how I wanted to call the news stations when I was finished.
lower part of cross stitch

Did I mention that she is giant size and that I love this poem, but mostly that she is giant size?
Full cross stitch

5 comments:

Christina said...

Wow! Just wow! That is beautiful, and HUGE! Fantastic job!

Becky said...

Hey KittyKill, that's a really BIG stitching! Did it take long? Did you notify the press?

heehee

I would have gone blind(er) had I attempted such a feat. She is gorgeous! Just like you!

spidermom said...

she is beautiful! lovely poem too. and boy o boy do i admire your dedication, that is a HUGE project!!!

LimeRiot said...

I'm so amazed by this. It's a beautiful heirloom. I know it was a crap load of work!! Yay for being finished.

Poppy (xperimentl) said...

I'm glad you mentioned the size because sometimes it just doesn't register when you look at a photograph. Bet you're a little sick of stitching in black, but she is beautiful.