Monday, July 9, 2012

New Media Monday


So...I'm doing a little restructuring on the old blog. Nothing major but just a little revamping. Today's revamping in Media Monday! Instead of just movies, I will be talking about all forms of media: books, music, TV and of course movies. I hope you enjoy the revamping and a BIG sloppy wet kiss thank you for all that read this silly blog. You guys rock!

Let's get down to business!

One thing that I absolutely love about summer and the one hit wonders. I just can't help myself, I just love a poppy little summer tune.


The biggest one hit wonder for me this summer is Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepson. Don't judge me! You know when that song comes on, you get a little wiggle in your butt and put your hand to your mouth like you are telling someone to call you. This song is so much fun! It makes me wish I was twelve again so I can make up a dance routine. Actually, who needs to be twelve, I'll just grab some of my gal pals and we will get working on some dance moves.


Another song that I am obsessed with is Little Big Town's Pontoon. Anyone growing up in the south knows about Pontoons. They are the slow fake houseboats that you take out on the lake to have parties on. Also, a lot of old people love them. I bet I can name ten people whose grandparents own a pontoon. Anyhoo...this is a great song about lazing around the lake, having a party and listening to good music. Make sure you get your cozie out so your beer doesn't get warm.


Okay, so the song most in heavy rotation on my iPod is Everybody Talks by the Neon Trees. Love it! It's poppy but just slightly alternative to give it the winning edge, plus, they have a girl drummer-AWESOME! This song reminds me of if the Killers and Franz Ferdinand had a baby-cute, but not over the top nauseating.

What's on your summer playlist? Are you all country? A little indie? Pop diva queen? Let me know, I am always in need of some good tunes.

Kittykill's Summer Playlist Round 1
Call Me Maybe-Carly Rae Jepson
Pontton-Little Big Town
Everybody Talks-Neon Trees
Go Right Ahead-The Hives
California -Social Distortion
Toes in the Water-Zac Brown Band
In the Summertime-Mungo Jerry
Barefootin-Otis Redding
Sixty Minute Man-Billy Ward
Wipeout-The Ventures
(This is just the beginning...I could go on for days)

1 comment:

LimeRiot said...

Thank you for confessing that you like Call Me Maybe. It makes me feel better about my own love of that song :).