Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tie One On Tuesday


Over the weekend I decided to give white wine another chance, mainly because I was thirsty for a beverage, it was a little warm and I wanted something refreshing. Know what....it wasn't so bad. Poor white wine gets such a bad wrap but for summer time, it's pretty okay.

I decided to do a little more research on white wines and found a few that won't break your budget but still very tasty.

Cambria Chardonnay from Katherine's vineyard was featured on several blogs as being an inexpensive (20.00) white wine with a very full taste. It has hints of pineapple and other tropical fruits but isn't too sweet with its buttery undertones.

If 20.00 is still a little steep for your summer picnic plans, then Chateau Ste. Michelle Dry Riesling  is right up your alley. The price is right, 9.00 and the flavor has hints of peaches and other stone fruit but not an overpowering sweetness. It is dry and crisp and perfect for seafood.

Of course I have to give a shout out to some local flavor...King Estate Pinot Gris is absolutely delightful and the price is not to shabby either. At 15.00 you will taste a hint of apple, but again not overpowering. The flavor is rich but not overly sweet, and believe it or not, the final taste is brisk and crisp.


3 white wines, reasonably priced, for your summertime adventures. Don't give white wine a hard time. It's fresh, it's sweet, it can sneak up on you and give you a mean hangover. White wine doesn't necessarily mean old ladies draped in rhinestones and shirts that say, "sexy grandma" but if it does really mean that, then sign me up, cause I that's what I want to be when I grow up.
via kidsoncrack


1 comment:

LimeRiot said...

I have a confession, I love pink wines :). I know most wine snobs think it's terrible but I like it so they can shove it!

Thanks for the tips! I'll try these because I also love white wine :).