Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Just My Luck

I don't know how many of you know this or not, but I am terrified of the dentist. Absolutely completely terrified. Just typing the word "dentist" makes me break out in a cold sweat. I am not even messing around when I tell you that I would much rather be waterboarded than to have to go to the dentist. It is a crippling fear.  Well, I finally bit the bullet and made an appointment.




Last night I had nightmares about the appointment but I knew that I had to go. This morning  I got myself all worked up, put on my brave face and walked into the dentist office. I was ready to conquer my fears. I walked up to the desk, said I had an appointment and the receptionist gave me a blank stare. HELLLOOOO! This is a really big deal for me and I'm scared and I might cry and I have an appointment and are you hearing me....



She looked at me in my panicked state and replied, "Your appointment is tomorrow at 9."

4 comments:

AlwaysInspired said...

Oh dear! Well time to get all brave again tomorrow! Good luck!

Lisa said...

Nuts! You worked up all that courage for nothing. Well, not nothing actually, it was practice! Tomorrow it won't be so scary! Good luck Pam!

Jill said...

Oooooh nooooo!!! You were so brave! I know it will go well tomorrow. I'll be sending you find-your-happy-place vibes tomorrow! Hang in there~

TheMistressT said...

Every act of bravery deserves a practice run. You nailed the dress rehearsal and are going to kill on opening night. Er, mouth.