Monday, November 7, 2011

Kiss the Cook

Wanna know what I love, I mean besides OMP and the pups and of course all of you? I love cooking and baking. I've just "discovered" it and I absolutely love it and I must say, I'm pretty good at it. There is nothing better than a home cooked meal, unless it's a home cooked meal with a home cooked movie.


One of my favorite cooking movies also happens to be an excellent Christmas movie. Christmas in Connecticut stars Barbara Stanwyck as a journalist who claims that she can cook, farm and be the perfect housewife. In reality, she is single, can cook to save her soul and doesn't even know what a farm looks like. This movie is light hearted and perfect for a first date movie night. Watching this movie will definitely break the ice when you come clean about your own cooking skills.


Did I ever tell you how much I love Johnny Depp? ME-OW! Chocolat is one of my favorite Johnny Depp movies. It's romantic, inspiring, beautiful and I can literally smell the chocolate Juliette Binoche cooks up. A single mother, Johnny Depp, chocolate. Oh, I think you know where this one goes.


Babette's Feast is wonderful. It was originally a story in a women's magazine in the 1950's. It is a story of beauty, giving and love. Set in a small remote town in Denmark, two sisters live with their elderly father and take in Babette. Sharing her good fortune with others, Babette decides to make a feast for her friends. Warmth abounds in this breathtaking film.

These yummy movies will warm your heart and soul as that fabulous dish you created warms your belly.

PS-if your baking plans involve cookies, I'm a really good test taster!

No comments: