Saturday, May 28, 2011

The "It's So Easy, It Should Be Illegal" Pie

This weekend is a holiday for most of us in the US. Memorial Day weekend usually is the beginning of the summer season and involves cook outs and a party or two. Well, my friends, since you said you would bring the dessert, I have the perfect pie for you and it is so easy, you should thank me now. Hell, you should probably just make me queen, erect a memorial of some sorts and declare May 28th to be Day o' Pam. Oh yeah, it's that good and that easy. I should mention that I had all of these things in my house and didn't have to go to the store, so, double win for me!


Strawberry Cheesecake Pie
8 oz of cream cheese, softened
4 cups of strawberries, sliced
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. lemon zet
2 tbsp. lemon juice (fresh if possible)
1 9 inch baked pie shell

In a bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice. If you don't want the texture of the lemon zest, increase the lemon by a teaspoon. Beat until fluffy and smooth. Again, it will not be completely smooth if you use lemon zest.

Scrape your cream cheese mixture into you pie shell. Top with strawberries and chill for at least an hour. 2 is better but if you are really hungry or in a hurry-1 will do.

Okay....now here comes the part where you say-"Pam, you are AMAZING" and I say, "I know..."

Take chocolate syrup (you know, the kind that comes in a squeeze bottle) and drizzle over the pie. You heard me right, drizzle the chocolate over the pie. Your guest will instantly grant you sainthood with this move.

So, there you have it-the easiest "cheesecake" you will ever make. No baking, so your house doesn't get too hot in the May heat. Fairly healthy-with the strawberries and sinful enough to make you extra saucy in the eyes of your party goers. I guess you can get started on that memorial any time...and you are welcome!

PS-I couldn't wait the entire time for it to set up and decided to cut a piece and eat it now...

2 comments:

Becky said...

I do believe even I could make this one! Looks delish.

But wait - doesn't everyone have a Shrine to Pam in their craft work area? I mean, I do! Duh huh goober!

Bex said...

YUMMY!!