Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tie One On Tuesday!


School is back in session and I heard a collective`1 "YAHOO" from moms around the world. In order to honor back to school, I am ordering moms everywhere to pop open a bottle of bubbly, reach for that juice and make yourself a mimosa. After all, drinking just champagne at 8 in the morning, might be a bit much-even for me.

The Original Mimosa
One bottle of Champagne
2 ounces of Orange juice-if you have fresh, all the better
Crushed ice
Add ice to a champagne flute, then the orange juice and last the champagne.

You can substitute the orange juice for cranberry juice and you have a Poinsettia.

Oh hello Mama! We have a mimosa just for you!
Mama Mimosa
Orange Juice
Champagne
2 Shots of Orange Liquer
1/2 cup raspberries
Pour the carton of chilled orange juice into a 3 quart pitcher and then add the full bottle of chilled Champagne or sparkling wine.
Add 2 shots of orange liquer and stir the orange juice, Champagne and orange liquer until thoroughly mixed. Just before serving add the raspberry ice(crumble fresh raspberries and place the crumbles into narrow ice cube trays, fill with water and freeze) to the pitcher and pour about 4 ounces of the mimosa mix into Champagne flutes or if you'd like to show off more of the raspberry ice pour the mimosa mix into regular wine glasses.

If you aren't into orange juice, you can add whatever juice you like. Just mix that baby up with some champagne and you will be on your way to happy Mimosa land.

Raise your glass and shout out your happiness now that those little ones that are back in school, learning to take over the world.  I will raise my glass with you as I am celebrating my little ones going back to school-doggy day care counts as school doesn't it?

3 comments:

muffin said...

so must find champagne and celebrate kiddo being back in school!!

Becky said...

Too funny!

* said...

I don't drink alchohol...so I had a big glass of o.j. and toasted that my 11th grader and 7th grader have a fantastic, great year.
Oh and me to...for helping them get this far!!