Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tie One On Tuesday!

I know, I know, I missed last week. I had a good excuse. I was enjoying dinner and some of the best syrups from one of the best bartenders in the Pacific Northwest and his lovely wife. I was going to continue my history lesson but I have to put that on the back burner for a week to introduce to you the best cocktail I have ever had in my entire life.

Here's a little back story about the best cocktail in the world. OMP and I were invited over to see our friend, Miles, new house (remember Muntiki-well, that's him). While we were admiring probably one of the coolest mid-century houses I have ever seen, Miles mixed us up a great cocktail in the coolest mugs. I took one sip, then another and pretty soon I was sucking it down. I wanted more! I needed to stay somewhat sober so I could be respectable(STOP LAUGHING!) around his parents. So, I drank my fluid from the gods and when we left, I looked at OMP and demanded that I get the recipe and that he has one of these waiting for me everyday when I got home from work. Well, I got the recipe but alas, no OMP waiting for me in a towel and a smile with my cocktail.

SOOOOOOO...without further ado, I give you the best cocktail known to man. It is brought to you by Beachbum Berry's Grog Log. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you....
 Photo courtesy of Craig Lee
The Sidewinder's Fang
1 1/2 ounces fresh lime juice
1 1/2 ounces orange juice
1 1/2 ounces passion fruit syrup (you can get this from my friend Trader Tiki-ORDER IT NOW!)
3 ounces club soda
1 ounce Jamaican Rum
1 ounce Demerara Rum

Blend with 1/2 cup crushed ice for 10 seconds. Pour into a large snifter filled with ice cubes. Garnish with length of spiral-cut orange peel (Miles garnished with pineapple and mint)

I know usually I give you three drinks but this one stands alone. Maybe it was the person making it, maybe it the passion fruit syrup-I'm not sure but what I do know is that this drink makes me very happy and it's can be made into a great non alcoholic version for  those who prefer it that way. Now go out, spread the word about this drink and Trader Tiki's syrups! Preach the gospel!

No comments: