Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tie One On Tuesday

Oh boy! Do I have some good stuff for you today! A few cocktails to put in your  Easter basket. These drinks will have you hopping down the bunnie trail in no time.

I do not recommend hiding these Easter eggs in the backyard-unless you want drunk animals and angry adults screaming for their cocktail.

The Easter Egg
Ingredients:
1 oz Blue Curacao
1 oz white creme de cacao
Half and Half
Pour the Blue Curacao and Creme de Cacao over ice cubes
Float the Half and Half on top to taste
The Blue Curacao makes is a wonderful bright blue egg.

I love chocolate Easter bunnies. I love to eat the ears off of them and then I'm done-I've eaten the good part. . If you are sensitive to the plight of the chocolate Easter bunny then mix this cocktail instead.

The Chocolate Easter Bunny
Ingredients:
1.0 tsp Cherry Liqueur
1.5 oz Brown Creme de Cacao
0.5 oz Vodka
1.0 tsp Chocolate Syrup
Shake vodka and creme de cacao with ice. Strain over ice in a cocktail glass. Float chocolate syrup and cherry liqueur.

I love Jelly Beans-except for the black ones. I always pick those out and give them to OMP. YUCK! They make me shiver just thinking about their grossness but because some of you out there like the taste of satan-I give you the Jelly Bean Cockail.

Jelly Bean Shooter
Ingredients:
1/2 oz blackberry brandy or grenadine
1/2 oz anisette or sambuca
1/2 oz Southern Comfort
Pour the brandy or grenadine into a shot glass
Float the anisette or sambuca on top of the first layer
Float the Southern Comfort on the next layer

These Easter concoctions will not only have you seeing little pink bunnies but I'm betting there might be a few pink elephants dancing around your head.   Bottoms up~

2 comments:

Becky said...

Thanks, These look yummy!

I have one for ya -
half gallon of any vodka @ room temp
bag of Jolly Rancher candy


Open vodka
Put in all the Jolly Ranchers
Close vodka
Gently shake the bottle until all the JRs are dissolved (about 2 days)

Mix with any fruit punch to desired strength

Enjoy!

My daughter made some of this last week and it was sooooo good. Be careful though. You cannot taste the vodka so it could be easy to overindulge!

Michelle said...

Thanks so much for the recipes. I'm going to have to hit the liquor store tomorrow night. :)