Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tie One On Tuesday!

 

It's party season (actually, when is it not party season?) and everyone as been asking for the perfect party punch. Well, never fear my friends. I have a few alcohol and non alcohol punches that will make you the envy of all your friends.

I LOVE champagne. LOVE IT! So this punch is very special to me and very simple to do.


Champagne Punch
INGREDIENTS:
1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen cranberry juice
concentrate
1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen pink lemonade
concentrate
1 (6 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate
1 (750 milliliter) bottle white wine, chilled
1 liter carbonated water, chilled
2 (750 milliliter) bottles champagne, chilled
1 lemon - sliced, for garnish
1/2 cup fresh mint, garnish
DIRECTIONS:
In large punch bowl, combine the cranberry juice concentrate, pink lemonade concentrate, limeade concentrate, white wine, club soda and champagne. Garnish with lemon slices and fresh mint leaves.

Oh my! It's chilly outside! What will warm your bones? How about this yummy treat?


Boston Tea Punch
INGREDIENTS:

1 750 ml Bottle Dark Rum
4 cup Black Tea
4 1/2 oz. Triple Sec
12 Lemon Slices
Sugar to Taste
DIRECTIONS:
Heat Rum, Tea and Triple Sec in a saucepan, add sugar and stir until disolved. Don't let it boil. Serve in warmed punch cups or mugs.

Now for an old standard. I think everyone in my family hates this punch commonly referred to as "The Green Punch" but I for one love it! It is a tradition to drink a cup of it on Christmas whether or like it or not.



The "Green" Punch
INGREDIENTS:

2 liters ginger ale
1 lg. container frozen lemonade
1 lg. can pineapple juice (chilled)
1 qt. lime sherbet
DIRECTIONS:
Stir together. The lime sherbet melts and makes a milky green punch with foam on top.

Yum! Yum! Love the green punch!

Okay party goers, you have a few options to make your party a rousing success. Now get out there and mingle, sing and dance the night away, the drinks are all taken care of of.

1 comment:

Penelope Walker said...

I like green punch too. My recipe is slightly different but still uses the sherbet:) I just linked to your post from a post I wrote on the MyPunchbowl party planning and online invitation blog. Have a great day!