Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tie One On Tuesday!

Ugh....my stuffy nose! There is nothing worse than having the flu or a cold in the middle of summer. Luckily I have a wonderful husband who makes me yummy drinks to clear my sinuses and put me in better spirits. No one likes a grumpy sick person! These drinks are a simple twist on the toddy that include tea instead of just water.


The first drink is the Hot Tea Grog
Ingredients
Several cloves
1 tablespoon of honey
1 oz. brandy
1 oz. dark rum
1 cup hot tea
Cinnamon stick



Mix all the ingredients together in a shallow pan over medium low heat. Once the grog heats up, pour into your mug. Guaranteed to cure what ails you.



The next "medicinal"(I use that in the loosest terms) is Hot Rum Tea.
Ingredients
1 tablespoon black tea
1 Cinnamon stick
2 cloves
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
1 oz of spiced rum



Boil 1 cup of water with your tea, cinnamon stick and cloves. Let steep for 4 minutes. Strain but keep your cinnamon stick for later. Poor tea into a large mug and add lemon and honey. Float rum on top and use cinnamon stick for garnish.


Ahhh, much better now! OMP is taking a few sips as extra precaution to make sure he doesn't get the ick, at least that's what he's telling me. ;)

No comments: