Sunday, July 5, 2009

Scrappy Dog Sunday!



This week's wonderful Scrap-a-nator happens to be a little guy that has my heart wrapped around his little paw. His name is Sparky and his story has a happy ending. It's starts off in a sad place,,,wait a sec, what am I rambling about, I'll let Sparky tell you in his own words (I swear on my mother's grave this little guy has a Scottish accent)


So, Sparky, tell us a little about yourself?
Ah Lass (see, told ya) I am 15 solid pounds of gentleman. I am known to the European world as a Teckel. It's a type of Dachshund that really looks more like a mix of a wiener dog and a Scotty. I love barking at the wind, other dogs, birds. You name it and I'll bark at it.

Do you have any brothers or sisters?
I have a younger brother named Max. Not the sharpest tool in the shed but fun to play with until he starts bouncing around and then I have to let him know who's boss.


Your tale started off as a sad one but has a happy ending.
Yes it does-I lived with a family and the children were very mean to me so I barked backed at them. Their mom didn't like that so she sent me to the pound. A nice old man came looking for a friend and found me. We have good years together. We played, watched TV, ate steaks. He would take me for rides. It was the best years of my life! A sad day came and I lost him but don't be too sad for me cause I got another old man. He takes me on trips to the beach, feeds me bacon and eggs in the mornings, steaks at night and I get my own bed AND get to chase a cat around. Yep, life is pretty good in the world of Sparky!

What are some of your favorite things?
Holidays! I love them! I love being with my family and friends. I also love exploring, barking and sun bathing.

Anything else you want the masses to know Sparky?
Please adopt a rescue animal-they will love you forever and you get to be a hero! It's a win-win situation, but please be sure your life style can handle a pet. We are not disposable, we are little people with fur that have feelings and need love too.

Thanks Sparky, you are a real diamond in the rough.

1 comment:

AlwaysInspired said...

Awe! Sparky is adorable! What a wonderful story!